5 Social Media Trends to Embrace Before 2018

Posted by on Oct 23, 2017 in General, Marketing, Other Services, Planning, Public relations, Social Media, Spectrum PR | 0 comments

5 Social Media Trends to Embrace Before 2018

As we move through the last quarter of the year, it is time to begin thinking about your 2018 marketing plan. These days, a successful marketing campaign will include a social media plan. Best social media practices continue to evolve; however, some trends have stayed consistent, so you can use them as a guideline:

  1. Make your content stand out. If you would not stop scrolling through your own news feed to view the post, don’t post it on a business page. Quality always comes before quantity. Consider different options, make it cleverer or include an attention grabbing image.
  2. Apply the ‘90/10’ content rule. Most people know to avoid posting primarily promotional content, but not enough actually follow the rule. Only 10 percent of your posts should be promotional, while the other 90 percent should be resource links, articles, and information related to your industry. This allows you to connect to your consumers in a way that doesn’t involve continuously pushing your product/service on them.
  3. Keep posts short and sweet. Consumer attention spans continue to decrease, so it is a wise idea to create short posts that grab the person’s attention in a matter of a few seconds. If you have a lot of information that is necessary for your post but cannot keep it short, try using an infographic or short video.
  4. Video marketing. One of the predicted trends for 2017 was an increase in video marketing. Sure enough, this proved to be true. If you haven’t started participating in video marketing, now is the time to do so. You don’t have to have a large budget to join in, as your cell phone can serve as your main tool. All you need to do is include relevant content in your videos that you know your audience is interested in.
  5. Pay to boost your posts. Most well-rounded marketing campaigns promote their products/services on social media and oftentimes pay to boost the post in order to reach an even larger target audience. Boosting posts allows you to reach consumers that are already interested in your industry, based on location, age, gender, income, interests, etc. Essentially, it allows more potential consumers to be reached, even ones that may not already be familiar with your business.

Start implementing these tips today if you want to set up your business for success. Please don’t hesitate to call if you are in need of some additional social media marketing guidance.

My best,

Kristine

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *