Marketing remains one of the most pressing issues for startups, as they work to gain exposure and increase sales. Startups and small businesses cannot grow without marketing, but many well-known marketing methods involve a large marketing budget. So what can you do, and where do you start? Here are a few options to consider:
- Pay-Per-Click Ads. PPC ads are sponsored ads that appear above the organic results in the search engine. They generate immediate traffic and draw attention to your business. You set the budget and pay for every click on your ad. The cost per click is a set amount (e.g., $1.75 per click). The best part is you can really target your ads to certain geographic regions and demographic groups.
- Email Marketing. This is considered a type of direct marketing that uses email to communicate messages to an audience. Consider sending items such as newsletters, invitations, offers, etc. Start to grow your email distribution list now.
- Social Media Marketing. Through social media marketing, a business can gain attention through popular social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter. It is better to share quality posts than to focus on quantity since people are more likely to look at and share posts they can relate to. Avoid sharing primarily promotional posts. Instead, interact with your audience and provide resources to assist them.
- Social Media Ads. Social media platforms are increasingly becoming one of the main forms of digital advertising. Social media ads work a lot like PPC ads. When you’re planning a social media ad, don’t forget to design ads with mobile in mind, pick the most appropriate platform, and rotate your ads frequently.
- Search Engine Optimization. The point of SEO is to improve search engine rankings so your website appears high in the search results. When you have good SEO on your website, you don’t need to spend time on PPC ads. But, it takes a lot of time and effort to have good SEO on your website. Since the majority of web traffic comes from search engines, such as Google, you need to focus your attention on ensuring your targeted audience is directed to your website when they conduct a search. This will increase your business’ revenue and exposure.
Not all marketing methods may be appropriate for your business, so remember to pick the best options to fit your goals. If you’re not sure where to start or feel that you could benefit from some assistance, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’d love to help you get on the right path early.